Thursday, October 20, 2011

Addison Beverly Cawdell


Ask, and you shall receive.

After my last post, I didn't have to wait very long for as Addison Beverly Cawdell came into this world. That evening, October 6, 2011 -- we headed to the hospital after the Hockey game and Addison Beverly Cawdell was born about an hour later @ 11:03pm. Delivered by Irene Callander (the most amazing midwife) at Lions Gate Hospital, Addison weighed in at 7lbs 8oz, 51cms long after another very short labor. However, this time we were able to get to the hospital a little bit earlier.

Maybe it was the fact that I knew what to expect, or that we had Irene at the birth, or that we felt somewhat more in control because I wasn't about to give birth en route to the hospital, but this birth was COMPLETELY different than my first. The word I use to describe Audrey's birth is "Intense." For Addison's, it was more like "Pleasant." I know, labor is never "pleasant" but that was the first word that came to mind after she was born. No drugs, no drama and no crazy moaning like a cow (well, two moos). When things started to get crazy I remember Irene telling me that this was my job and I needed to focus my energy on getting this job done. That centred me, silenced me and got me through the next few minutes.


So now, we are a family of four. Here is the newest addition to our family:



Just perfect. We fell in love all over again...

This time we remembered to pack some clothes for the kid


Proud Papa and his newest daughter



My two beautiful girls!



It has taken two weeks to be able to sit down and write this -- Going from one to two has been very...busy! What have we gotten ourselves into...LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Andrea! She's gorgeous!
    Hope life settles down soon for you.

    I gave you a blog award over on my new blog http://adaydesigns.blogspot.com/ Check it out and keep your fab posts coming! Can't wait to see what your life starts to look like now!

    ReplyDelete