Thursday, October 6, 2011

Confession #3: I HATE WAITING

I hate waiting. Unlike my husband, I thoroughly dislike rushing just to wait. Maybe that is why I am chronically late or just "on time" for everything.

I am now at 39 weeks and 2 days -- 5 days before my due date, but 9 days "over due" by Audrey standards. Mentally, I'd fully expected to have a baby by now so this wait has been agonizing. Especially b/c all signs have pointed to GO since 37 weeks. The only thing holding this little (getting bigger by the day) one back was her position, slightly off center; face not entirely pointed posterior (according to my midwife). However, today seems like things have shifted so *hopefully* this could be the day.

I am at 5 cms right now, and not in labor. A friend asked me if this was normal and I have no idea. At this rate, the baby is just going to fall out. Sigh. I hate waiting.

In an attempt to stir things up, Audrey and I had a dance party yesterday to a little "Dance Mix 95" (Best CD EVER). The neighbors got a good show! LOL. I've been as active as possible, but all that really succeeds in doing is putting me to sleep at 1pm. However, I did manage to get a mani-pedi on Tuesday and that was lovely :)

Fingers crossed -- TBC

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I had no idea you were so close! My comment yesterday makes no sense now :) Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 cm??? LOL about the baby just falling out. I snorted into my water glass. Sounds like it will be very soon. I know it's SO hard, but just do your best to enjoy the short time left you have as a family of three!

    ReplyDelete